TERMS & CONDITIONS
2021 BOWRAL CLASSIC
By registering to participate in the Bowral Classic 2021 you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Entry in respect of yourself, and any other persons, including any minors or children who you register.
The Bowral Classic is organised by Yaffa Media Pty Ltd (ABN 54 002 699 354).
Release & Indemnity
· You acknowledge and agree that you are participating in the Event freely and voluntarily at your own risk. You agree that we will not be responsible for any injury suffered by you or your death as a result of participating in the Event.
· To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to waive your rights of action against and fully release us including our officers, employees, agents, volunteers, contractors, public bodies, landholders and sponsors from all liability, claims, demands and actions arising from any loss, damages, injury or death that you may suffer by participating in the Event including but not limited to liability arising from any negligent act or omission, breach of statutory duty, or breach of contract.
· You agree to fully indemnify us and hold us harmless against any loss or damages suffered by you or any other person arising from your participation in the Event.
Risk & Liability
· By participating in the event, you understand and accept the risk associated with cycling on open roads.
· By participating in the event, you acknowledge the activities contemplated by this event are inherently dangerous and are an extreme test of physical and mental limits that carry with them the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and death, and property damage or loss.
· All participants must watch the Safety Briefing Video prior to the event day. The Safety Briefing Video will be emailed to riders and become available online 1 month prior to the event day.
· An Event Day briefing will be given to all participants prior to each wave start to advise of any specific course conditions or alterations to the event. All riders must be present for their respective wave start briefing.
· All participants must abide by the NSW road rules and obey any directions from NSW Police, Traffic Management personnel, Event Volunteers and Event Staff.
· Whilst riding, all participants must wear a cycling helmet that complies with the Australian Standard.
· Whilst riding in the event you must not wear earphones or headphones.
· All riders must carry bike lights. In some parts of the course, heavy fog may appear, and bike lights will be required for safety. If you are scheduled to start before sunrise, you must display steady or flashing front and rear bike lights on the start line.
· Your Rider Identification Front Plate must be adhered correctly to your bike and be visible at all times during the event.
· Event Organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course if conditions warrant.
· Event Organisers reserve the right to void any entry and/or disqualify any entrant who breaks the event rules or brings the event into disrepute. Please refer to more details in the Rider FAQ’s “Rules and Rider Behaviour”
Participants for the 160km Maxi Classic,125km Challenge Classic and 90km Rouleurs Classic courses must be aged 12 years or older at the time of the event. Riders aged between 12-16 years old require a valid Cycling Australia Race Licence which must be entered upon registration and shown on the event day.
Participants for the 35km Social Classic course must be aged 10 years or older at the time of the event. Riders aged between 10-16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Cancellations that are received by 31 October, 2021 will be refunded 50% of the entry fee.
No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 31 October, 2021.
We will consider transferring a registration to another person if a rider is injured and provides a medical certificate at least 7 days prior to the event. It is the rider’s responsibility to transfer the Rider Identification Front Plate if the registration kit has already been mailed out.
Should the Event Organisers cancel the event due to adverse weather conditions, all riders will be given a 50% refund.
The event could be modified or cancelled if the Bureau of Meteorology predicts;
- ● Continuous rain in excess of 20mm/h that could possibly lead to flash flooding.
- ● Winds greater than 45km/hr.
- ● Temperatures above 35 Degrees Celsius.
- ● Lighting on course at any stage of the event.
If any of the above conditions are experienced in the lead up or during the event, a decision will be made by Event officials in conjunction with key stakeholders.
All participants will be notified by text message.
Should the Event Organisers cancel the event due to COVID-19, all riders have the option to defer their registration free of charge or receive a refund on their entry fee minus a $25 admin fee.
Any merchandise purchased will not be refunded.
Credit card fees and any associated travel costs are not refundable by the Event Organisers.
Bowral Classic Merchandise purchased through a third party, such as Black Sheep Clothing, will be subject to the third party’s terms and conditions. If you wish to transfer to a different ride category, please email [email protected]. No refunds are made when transferring from a category of a higher value to a category of a lesser value.
By participating in the Bowral Classic you allow any photographic, film or audio likeness to be used by the organisers, sponsors and/or assignees at no cost.
Privacy / Data Collection
By registering for the Bowral Classic, or purchasing merchandise via the registration form, you agree to receive email communications from Yaffa Media’s Cycling Portfolio, including the Cycling Classics series and Bicycling Australia.
You may opt out of marketing material at any time, however important information relating to the Bowral Classic event will still be sent. To update your email preferences, please contact [email protected].
We may also collect information from third parties such as our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram), and share information to our event affiliates (RaceAtlas for event photographs, Tomato Timing or Register Now Pty Ltd for event registrations, and where you have chosen to use such service, any charity partner or charity platform for the event such as GoFundraise).
Rider Timing & Protest
The 160km Maxi Classic, 125km Challenge Classic and 90km Rouleurs Classic courses are timed.
Any rider wishing to protest his/her timing or report an infringement by another rider should visit the Tomato Timing tent at the Event Village or email [email protected] post-event.
Note: The Bowral Classic is a ride not a race. Timing is provided for personal reference only. The 35km Social Classic is not timed.
Your bike must be mechanically and legally suitable for riding on open roads.
eBikes are only permitted to ride in the Dirty Bowral Gravel Ride, 85km Rouleurs or 35km Social rides. eBike riders must ensure their bike is fully charged before the event and that it complies with Australian eBike regulations. Any modified eBikes will not be permitted in the event.
Time Trial (TT) bars are not permitted in the Bowral Classic.
If your chosen bike is anything other than a road bike, you must receive approval from Event Organisers prior to registration via emailing [email protected].
This course is suitable to off road, gravel and mountain bikes and gravel and mountain ebikes only. This course is not suitable to ride on road bikes.
This course will have limited on course mechanical assistance and riders are encourage to carry their own tools for any mechanical needs eg: tubes, Co2, levers, multi-tool, etc.
For full terms and conditions for the Highlanders group, please visit http://bowralclassic.com.au/highlanders
All event participants must be covered by valid Riders Insurance.
If you do not hold valid Riders Insurance (e.g., via a Cycling Australia membership, Cycling NSW membership or another third party) a $10 insurance fee will be charged upon registration. This will cover you with Rider Sports Personal Accident Insurance by AON for the event day. Click here for AON Insurance FAQs.
The Event Management takes no responsibility for any valuables lost before / during or after the event.