120KM CHALLENGE CLASSIC: course overview
Heading off from the historic main street of Mudgee, Challenge Classic riders will ride out towards the historic town of Rylstone on 40km of closed road.
With a population of 650, Rylstone is well-known as the gold town of the golden era in the Mid-West!
Here riders will sample a taste of one of Australia’s most unique and stunning small country towns. The main street features a host of coffee shops, bakeries and classic country pubs. This is the location of the first rest stop … and for very good reason.
Leaving the rest stop, riders wind their way back to the village of Lue prior to being out on the road to the finish of the 120km event. Lue is the second and final rest stop. Following that there’s another challenge – rolling hills … rollers that will test the best.
The 40km ride from Lue to Mudgee will also be a closed road, and is simply epic and traverses what is possibly some of the best countryside in Australia! Enjoy this section and start thinking about that icy old beer and the comfy bean bags that await at the Mudgee Classic Event Village.
- Date: Sunday, 1 May 2022
- Start Time: 7.30am
- Start Location: Church Street (outside St Marys Catholic Church), Mudgee
- Finish / Event Village Location: Glen Willow Regional Sports Complex, Mudgee
- Minimum Age: Riders must be aged 12+. Riders aged between 12-16 will require an Australian Cycling Race Licence to register.
- Entry Inclusions: Click here to view entry inclusions
- Insurance: Rider insurance is compulsory for this event. If you are not already covered by your own insurer such as Bicycle NSW, Cycling NSW or Cycling Australia, a $10 fee will apply. Click here for insurance FAQs.
120km CHALLENGE CLASSIC: COURSE MAPS
2022 course maps to come.