TERMS & CONDITIONS
2021 MUDGEE CLASSIC
By registering to participate in the Mudgee Classic 2021 you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Entry in respect of yourself, and any other persons, including any minors or children who you register.
The Mudgee Classic is organised by Yaffa Media Pty Ltd (ABN 54 002 699 354).
Risk & Liability
· By participating in the event you understand and accept the risk associated with cycling on open roads.
· All participants must watch the Safety Briefing Video prior to the event day. The Safety Briefing Video will be emailed to riders and become available online 1 month prior to the event day.
· An Event Day briefing will be given to all participants prior to each wave start to advise of any specific course conditions or alterations to the event. All riders must be present for their respective wave start briefing.
· All participants must abide by the NSW road rules and obey any directions from NSW Police, Traffic Management personnel, Event Volunteers and Event Staff.
· Whilst riding, all participants must wear a cycling helmet that complies with the Australian Standard.
· Whilst riding in the event you must not wear earphones or headphones.
· All riders must carry bike lights. In some parts of the course, heavy fog may appear and bike lights will be required for safety. If you are scheduled to start before sunrise, you must display steady or flashing front and rear bike lights on the start line.
· Your Rider Identification Sticker must be adhered correctly to your bike and be visible at all times during the event.
· Event Organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course if conditions warrant.
· Event Organisers reserve the right to void any entry and/or disqualify any entrant who breaks the event rules or brings the event into disrepute.
Please refer to more details in the Rider FAQ’s “Rules and Rider Behaviour”
Participants for the 170km Maxi Classic and 120km Challenge Classic courses must be aged 12 years or older at the time of the event. Riders aged between 12-16 years old require a valid Cycling Australia Race Licence which must be entered upon registration and shown on the event day.
Participants for the 35km Social Classic course must be aged 10 years or older at the time of the event. Riders aged between 10-16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Cancellations that are received by 28 February, 2021 will be refunded 50% of the entry fee.
No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 28 February, 2021.
We will consider transferring a registration to another person if a rider is injured and provides a medical certificate at least 7 days prior to the event. It is the rider’s responsibility to transfer the Rider Identification Sticker if the registration kit has already been mailed out.
Should the Event Organisers cancel the event due to adverse weather conditions, all riders will be given a 50% refund.
The event could be modified or cancelled if the Bureau of Meteorology predicts;
- ● Continuous rain in excess of 20mm/h that could possibly lead to flash flooding.
- ● Winds greater than 45km/hr.
- ● Temperatures above 35 Degrees Celsius.
- ● Lighting on course at any stage of the event.
If any of the above conditions are experienced in the lead up or during the event, a decision will be made by Event officials in conjunction with key stakeholders.
All participants will be notified by text message.
Should the Event Organisers cancel the event due to COVID-19, all riders have the option to defer their registration free of charge or receive a refund on their entry fee minus a $25 admin fee.
Any merchandise purchased will not be refunded.
Credit card fees and any associated travel costs are not refundable by the Event Organisers.
Mudgee Classic Merchandise purchased through a third party, such as Black Sheep Clothing, will be subject to the third party’s terms and conditions. If you wish to transfer to a different ride category, please email [email protected] No refunds are made when transferring from a category of a higher value to a category of a lesser value.
By participating in the Mudgee Classic you allow any photographic, film or audio likeness to be used by the organisers, sponsors and/or assignees at no cost.
Privacy / Data Collection
By registering for the Mudgee Classic, or purchasing merchandise via the registration form, you agree to receive email communications from Yaffa Media’s Cycling Portfolio, including the Cycling Classics series and Bicycling Australia.
You may opt out of marketing material at any time, however important information relating to the Mudgee Classic event will still be sent. To update your email preferences, please contact [email protected].
We may also collect information from third parties such as our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram), and share information to our event affiliates (RaceAtlas for event photographs, Tomato Timing or Register Now Pty Ltd for event registrations, and where you have chosen to use such service, any charity partner or charity platform for the event such as GoFundraise).
Rider Timing & Protest
The 170km Maxi Classic and 120km Challenge Classic courses are timed.
Any rider wishing to protest his/her timing or report an infringement by another rider should visit the Tomato Timing tent at the Event Village or email [email protected] post-event.
Note: The Mudgee Classic is a ride not a race. Timing is provided for personal reference only. The 35km Social course is not timed.
Your bike must be mechanically and legally suitable for riding on open roads.
eBikes and Time Trial (TT) bars are not permitted in the Mudgee Classic.
If your chosen bike is anything other than a road bike, you must receive approval from Event Organisers prior to registration via emailing [email protected].
All event participants must be covered by valid Riders Insurance.
If you do not hold valid Riders Insurance (e.g., via a Cycling Australia membership, Cycling NSW membership or another third party) a $10 insurance fee will be charged upon registration. This will cover you with Rider Sports Personal Accident Insurance by AON for the event day.
Click here for AON Insurance FAQs.
The Event Management takes no responsibility for any valuables lost before / during or after the event.